We are in limbo. We believe that a potential buyer for Liberty is on his way from Georgia with his wife today, so we are going on the premise that he will take her home. On that assumption, we have emptied all the bays and removed all our personal belongings from inside.
However, we are aware that said potential buyer may see her and say, No thanks! If that happens and we have to put everything back in to leave for Yuma, at least it’s clean! More to come on that front. Until we know more, we are going to stay with Heidi and Tim.
Between deciding what can stay in the barn and what goes with us to Yuma, unloading cabinets, bays, closets, pantry and refrigerator and packing up those contents, we took time out to take grandson Ben to dinner. We haven’t seen him much this fall since he is living in the dorm at Friends University, so it was good to hear him tell about roommates and classes and dorm life.
Some of our time has been spent keeping up with my sister Florence Marie’s progress. She is in the Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital in Lincoln, NE working on recovery from tumor removal surgery a couple weeks ago. We are thankful that the tumor was benign, but recovery has had its pitfalls. Add in that she turned 84 this week and rehab is harder than it might be, as well. She’s looking much better, though, and sounds stronger, too.
Another positive note is a new picture of granddaughter Jordan and little Rae. We can’t get enough of that precious baby!
Next weekend we are looking forward to a visit from our Oklahoma granddaughter, Katrina. She will be coming on Thursday and going home on Friday, since her work schedule rarely gives her weekend days off. Saturday, granddaughter Jadelyn will have a KMEA band concert in the afternoon and Heidi and the rest of the Singing Quaker Alumni Choir will perform in the evening. After that, our time will be our own (I think) until we leave for Yuma on November 10.