Best intentions

I had every intention of writing a blog last week while we were in Branson, but it just didn’t get done. It wasn’t for lack of eventful times! I’ll try to break the time up into two separate posts.

We left the Landing on Monday October 1 headed toward Branson, by way of Olathe, KS. Quite a few of the summer staffers we have worked alongside at Golden Bell for the last few years attend college at Mid America Nazarene University, as well as some of the senior volunteers, so we had put together a mini reunion at the Pizza Shoppe. Some of the group have graduated and one even drove in from St. Louis just for the occasion. We had a great time visiting! They are fun people to spend an evening with. The first couple on the left are bus friends from the KC area who came to visit, as well.


We met up with four other buses headed to the rally the next evening and then headed on toward Branson bright and early Wednesday. The road between Springfield and Branson is always a challenge for Liberty and for some others, as well, but we made it down the hills and up the next pretty well. I think there were 25 Eagles and a couple Prevost conversions there. Beautiful, unique coaches catch a lot of attention!


We shopped and ate and talked and toured and ate and went to shows. And did I mention, we ate? LeRoy says a good week long rally is good for ten pounds, but fortunately most of that didn’t follow us home this time! Byron Pigg was our rally master. He and his wife Betty know how to put on a good rally and they do just that every other year in Branson.

While we were there, we went for a tram tour of Dogwood Canyon, a nature park that was started by Johnny Morris, the founder/CEO of Bass Pro Shops. We saw more wildlife in that ride than we saw all summer in Colorado!

The park is a popular place for weddings and there was one going on as we were sightseeing.


e had hot humid weather for most of the rally, but Tuesday afternoon it started a nice warm rain. We and another couple had gone to see “Samson” at the Sight and Sound Theatre, but it was raining when we came out. If you ever get the opportunity to see a Sight and Sound show, it is worth the money. They capture Bible stories in a Broadway quality production. This one, as promised, “brought down the house”!

We came home on Wednesday and were ready for Jadelyn’s volleyball game on Thursday. This time, Jordan brought Rae to enjoy the festivities! You’ll notice, Jordan didn’t make this picture. She has learned the sad truth that once you have a baby, said child is the only person who matters anymore when you are with grandparents!


While we were gone, my sister Florence Marie had surgery to remove a benign tumor from her chest cavity. A few complications and a tracheotomy later, she is beginning the slow process of recovery. Prayers are appreciated.

Today we had a call from Memorial Hospital in Las Cruces. We knew Raymond had been admitted there earlier in the week, but haven’t really heard much since except to get permission for an endoscope to see why he was having black stools and extremely low red blood count. They found ulcers but no bleeding. Today’s call was to verify his DNR orders. Last summer when we thought we had accomplished that with him, we didn’t get the message straight to the hospital. They tell us that he has been pretty non-responsive today and has had arrhythmia episodes. Prayers would be appreciated for him and for us, as well.

Hope we have better news next time!


About 2010liberty

Retirement agrees with us! After traveling in our 40' Silver Eagle bus conversion, whose name was Liberty, since 2010, it was time for a change. Now we spend the winter in Yuma, AZ and travel during the spring, summer and fall setting the Pace!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s