Busy, busy, busy!

These have been a busy 10 days. I left you hanging (or perhaps kneeling with a heat gun) with the last blog. In addition to all our normal activities, we did complete the floor project! After a applying a flexible floor leveler to even out the floors, the luan plywood went down to smooth out the rough joints in the kitchen and bedroom. Up to that point, I was able to help in various ways, but once the floor started going down, I became a go-fer. It’s a one man job, and it really is a job. The floor is Allure tiles in Sheridan Slate style. They stick together at two edges and the finished project floats on the subflooring. The kitchen went together pretty smoothly and quickly, but the bath and bedroom required lots of cutting. Add to that the fact that LeRoy’s shoulders are about 22″ wide and the space between the bed and the wall is 17″ or 18″, depending on which side! Can’t tell you how many times he had to get “unstuck” before it was done.

new floor 003


The end result is really great, though, and should outlast us. It is so nice to have it finished! Sweeping can be done in one chore, instead of sweeping up a pile here and a pile there. We also don’t have to store the little vacuum below the bed (more shoe room!), since we don’t have any more carpet. The shop vac in a bay should suffice for anything we need.

new floor 006


This week we took another road trip in the car, to Yuma this time. LeRoy’s cousin will be heading out next weekend back to Washington and eventually Alaska, so we went to help him tie down the loose ends to get his property ready for summer. Everything is stored away and the windows are covered.



Brian’s yard is landscaped with cacti and succulents of various varieties, as well as citrus trees. The ocotillo is absolutely huge!

Yuma trip 3.14 001


That’s Brian Reeve on the right and LeRoy on the right.

The trip home gave us an opportunity I hadn’t really known we wanted to have. We drove into a HUGE dirt and wind storm up around Casa Grande. Our phones both went off with a loud alarm, warning us that travel should be restricted and a roadside electronic sign told us there was a crash 9 miles ahead and the right lane was blocked. We heard about these dust storms, called haboobs. This part of the storm was to our right, but we drove directly through a larger part. The sky turned brown miles before we actually reached the heavy winds.



We’re back to Liberty now and here in Tucson, it is a little windy but nothing like what we came through. Let’s just leave it that way!

About 2010liberty

Retirement agrees with us! After traveling in our 40' Silver Eagle bus conversion, whose name was Liberty, since 2010, it was time for a change. Now we spend the winter in Yuma, AZ and travel during the spring, summer and fall setting the Pace!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Busy, busy, busy!

  1. Allie Kemper says:

    So glad you had a good trip and you’re back safely!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s